In-Person Services & Live Stream
September 2, 2020
- 10:30 PM | Sunday Worship Service
- 7:00 PM | Wednesday Family Bible Study
- Prayer Meeting on Tuesday at 11 AM and Saturday at 6 PM
We are still continuing to follow coronavirus protocols for social distancing, face coverings and 30% church building capacity as outlined in the post below on June 20, 2020. Thank you to everyone for their cooperation through this season of adjustment. We are striving to keep the well-being of others at the forefront while continuing to worship and serve our Lord Jesus Christ.
What to Expect
The Sunday Worship Service is a simple yet meaningful time of singing and preaching for about one hour. Prayer Meetings will be a shorter time of prayer for the needs of our church, our missionaries, and our country followed by a brief devotional. The Wednesday Family Bible Study contains elements for the whole family to grow in the Word of God together.
Preparation & Guidelines for In-Person Services
- Please remember, if you have a contagious illness or if you are having ANY signs of a contagious sickness, please stay home.
- Wearing a face covering is asked of all attending the indoor services and ministries of Open Bible Baptist Church, except for children under five who are unable to wear a face covering and anyone with a health condition where a face covering would make it difficult to breath or function normally. Please plan to bring your own face covering for inside the church building if possible. Face masks will be made available for those without one.
- Upon arriving, an usher will direct you to a seat. Please remain in your seating area for the duration of the service to maintain social distancing. At the close of a service an usher will dismiss each one by row.
- Once the main auditorium has reached 30% seating capacity, seating will also be available in the fellowship room. From there the service will be live streamed.
- Those who sit in the auditorium for a service are asked to please consider sitting in the fellowship room the following week. Please be considerate of others being able to enjoy a service from the auditorium if you have already done so.
NOTE: All other meetings / ministries of Open Bible (such as children, youth and adult meetings) will continue to be postponed or cancelled until a future date.
If you have ANY questions or concerns about attending a church services with us, please don't hesitate to contact us!
With the major adjustments and changes that Covid-19 has presented to us all, Open Bible is committed to live streaming services indefinitely and providing more online content to better minister to our church and community. To watch live worship services and Bible studies online click the button below at 10:30 AM on Sundays and 7:00 PM on Wednesdays.
Reopening Church Plan
June 20, 2020
With provincial leaders lessening Covid-19 restrictions, we are now able to open up to 30% capacity of our church building. This allows us to hold a service of about 50 people at a time.
NOTE: All other meetings / ministries of Open Bible (such as children, youth and adult meetings) and our Sunday evening service will continue to be postponed or cancelled until a future date.
Preparation for Returning to Church
- Currently, we are only able to receive up to 30% of our seating capacity.
- If you have a contagious illness or if you are having ANY signs of a contagious sickness, please stay home.
- If you prefer to wear a mask, please feel free to do so.
- The church building will be cleaned and sanitized between each service in addition to our routine cleaning and maintenance.
- If you have any questions or concerns before attending a service with us, please get in touch with us by clicking here.
Guidelines for Returning to Church
- Upon arriving, an usher will greet you at our church building entrance to open and close the door for you. Steps have been taken to minimize commonly touched surfaces as much as possible (we have eliminated paper bulletins accordingly).
- Hand sanitizer will be made available in the lobby and in other common areas.
- You will then be directed to the auditorium where an usher will guide you to a place to sit.
- While in the church building, please remain at a social distance from others at all times. Also, we strongly suggest to not visit in the lobby or back of the auditorium. We ask that you find a seat right away and remain there for the duration of the service.
- We have rearranged the church seating in the auditorium to accommodate a 6 foot distance between families. Please follow the usher’s directions on where to sit.
- We ask that you continue to give offerings online or by mail as much as possible. No offering plates will be passed or taken up during Sunday services.
- At the conclusion of the worship service, the ushers will dismiss each family by row.
- Again, we ask that you do not stand and visit inside the church building and consider others in regard to social distancing.
- ONLY the single family washroom will be made available for emergency uses. During our initial re-opening this month, the men’s and ladies’ washrooms will remain CLOSED.
- The washroom will be cleaned & sanitized regularly and before each service.
- The drinking fountain will not be available for use.
- The nursery will NOT be open.
- However, a room in our church building may be provided for mothers with small children. No rooms will be shared with other families.
NOTE: Please remember that we may need to make adjustments along the way. Please revisit this page for future updates.
March 23, 2020
Looking for encouragement for your family and some helpful resources during this time of social distancing? Click Here to receive a resource booklet produced by a neighbouring church entitled, "Making the Most of COVID-19".
If you are in need of prayer or counselling, please contact us by clicking the button below.
March 13, 2020
The best way to stay connected with OBBC during this time is via email, Facebook and our church website. If your contact information has recently changed, please contact our church office with any changes.
OBBC would like to assist seniors and others in any way we can. We would be more than wiling to pick up and deliver groceries for you. Below are opportunities for seniors in Aylmer.
Miller's Valu-Mart in Aylmer:
" In response to our community and customers well being—we have created a Seniors Only (65+) shopping time from 8:00am until 9:00am every day (until further notice), starting Tuesday March 17/2020. We ask that all our shoppers respect this request and to please shop during appropriate time frames. This is to help our seniors navigate through our store with ease. Please share this with your friends, family and neighbors, as they may not have social media to be aware of this. At 9:00am, the store opens for regular business, allowing all shoppers to do their groceries and we will remain open until 8pm."
Ryan's No Frills in Aylmer:
This week, we're introducing dedicated shopping hours for our customers who need assistance or consideration, including seniors and people living with disabilities."
- Wash hands frequently.
- Maintain social distancing with those who are coughing and/or sneezing.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth.
- Take all the common sense precautions to stay well.